Family loses everything to fire

LAPAZ — The family affect by Tuesday's house fire suffered the loss of their home, personal belongings, and family pets including beloved pitbull, Betty Lou and several cats. The family members were treated and released for smoke inhalation include Jenn Kaser and grandmother Mary Batcho.

Batcho's son-in-law Stanley Kaser is currently still being treated for smoke inhalation and throat issues at Memorial Hospital of South Bend. Kaser is expected to be released soon. Kaser's wife MaryJo was not at home at the time because she had left shortly before for work.

The family is staying in a Motel until they find an apartment to rent until they are able to rebuild their home. Chalisa Jensen, cousin to the family, has organized a donation drop off site at the Plymouth UPS store located at 1913 N Michigan St.

Items may be dropped off at the UPS location or mailed to 14303 5C Road, Plymouth, IN 46563. The road received damages due to the weight of the water trucks making it unsafe for travel at this time. The Marshall County Highway Department will be tending to the road's repairs as soon as possible.

Items the family is in need of include (but not limited to):
• Blankets, pillows, sheets, towels, and toiletries
• Women's clothing sized: Shirts, 16, XLarge and XXLarge- Pants, 16, 18, and 22/24 and shoes, 8.5-9, 7.5-8, and 7-7.5.
• Men's clothing sized: Shirts, Medium to Large- Pants, 34/32- Shoes, 10
• Socks and undergarments for all
• In addition the family will be in need of household items once they find an apartment to rent.

"Every blessing or donation is more than greatly appreciated," said Mandy Kaser, daughter -in-law to Stanley and MaryJo Kaser. "An extra huge thanks to everyone going out of their way to help the family this time of tragedy."

Details of the fire that destroyed the Kaser's house were published in Wednesday's Pilot News.